We help clients with the training & development of their staff.
The FCA Training & Competence (T&C) Sourcebook requires all staff &/or Appointed Representatives of a regulated firm &/or Principal firm to be competent for their role.
Firms need to be able to demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the actvities entrusted to them and this applies from the Chief Executive to the newest administrator.
We have expert knowledge of the market, the regulatory requirements, how they apply and from our experience many firms worry about T&C.
Questions that arise are:
- – What exactly do we have to do?
- – Are we doing too much?
- – Are we doing enough?
- – How do we prove our staff &/or Appointed Representatives are competent?
- – How much time should we spend on it?
- – What will it cost?
- – Are we compliant?
Aside from regulatory requirements having effective T&C arrangements in your firm are important as they ensure:
- Your business is successful
- Staff &/or Appointed Representatives are knowledgeable
- Staff &/or Appointed Representatives are sufficiently skilled to carry out their roles
- The conduct of staff is in line with the culture of your firm
- Customers do not receive poor outcomes or harm (e.g. by ending up with the wrong product)
- Customers are satisfied and happy with the product they receive
If you don’t get T&C correct at the begining of the T&C journey, you are running a risk to your firm in terms of regulatory risk and reputational risks.
In addition to helping clients design, implement and review their T&C Schemes we also:
- Online training and development: Workout.
- Training course for newly appointed Senior Managers
- Provide training to those new to insurance. “All You Need To Know About Insurance in a Day” is our oldest and most popular training course; check our Training page to find out more.
- Technical General Insurance training at various levels; inhouse or online
- Compliance Officer Training
- Training for Approved Persons to help them understand their responsibilites and requirements under FCA rules and regulations
- Training for Senior Managers to ensure understanding of responsibilites and requirements under the Senior Managers Certification Regime (SMCR)
- Essential key compliance or regulatory topics training for staff
- Team Leader, Supervisor or Management training
- Free monthly webinars for clients on FCA regulatory updates
- Training webinars and workshops on the current topics high on the FCA’s radar
- Independent review of training & competence arrangements
We have used the services of Create Solutions for a number of years, and the team are always on hand to provide the necessary guidance, whether in relation to minor day to day queries, changes to our business which require notification to the regulator, or adapting our business to accommodate the significant regulatory changes which have impacted on us over the past couple of years. The ongoing programme of training/workshops provide further invaluable support for the business and our staff
Over the last 10 years, Mike Cranny and the team at Create Solutions have provided an invaluable service on a wide range of compliance issues which we face in our day to day business operations. With so many legislative changes taking shape in the wider UK insurance market, I would recommend anyone who is in need of guidance to seek out their advice.
Create Solutions are our constant in the ever changing world of FCA regulation. Fifteen years ago, they took the time to understand our business to enable them to provide the practical and proportionate solutions we needed to ensure our compliance and they have continued to deliver all our compliance needs ever since. Their patience, professionalism and knowledge is all delivered with genuine friendliness and enthusiasm. They make the world of compliance less painful and remain a pleasure to deal with.
We have been using Create Solutions for several years and find the services they are offer are invaluable to our busy brokerage. The Workout modules 1 & 2 tick all the boxes for staff training, not to mention helping towards CPD. With the changes in regulations over the past couple of years they have made the process easy to understand and to implement both through their workshops and additional help. Would highly recommend to any brokerage, their team are always available offering help and assistant.
We have used the services of Create Solutions for many years and the support we receive is invaluable to our business. There are times when we just need guidance to a relatively small query or more complicated situations such a change of Director within the company. Whatever is needed Create Solutions work with us to find the answers. They truly understand the complexities of the FCA and how this needs managing within a busy brokerage. I would recommend them to any broker as they reduce the worry of compliance and nothing is ever too much trouble.
Internal changes over the last twelve months led us to engage with the full service offered from Create Solutions. Their immediate compliance assistance, update on regulatory matters and training courses/ workshops over the year have been invaluable to us as a business in this ever changing regulatory environment. From a personal point of view, without having Create at the end of the phone for the last twelve months , I can’t imagine the additional work it would have caused me.
In the midst of increasing regulatory change, we took the decision to engage with Create over 2 years ago. Since then they have, provided quality compliance support to us when we need it, continually kept us informed of regulatory matters that we need to be aware of and have also helped us to establish a more solid compliance framework for the future. Pro-active compliance is their business…