Improvements to the AR Regime (PS22/11) – 15th August 2022 (11am-12 noon) – Bitesize Session
The FCA’s new rules to improve oversight of Appointed Representatives – what you need to know!
The FCA has now confirmed its new rules to make principals more responsible for their ARs.
Principals will have a four-month implementation period before the FCA’s changes take effect and these will, in the main, come into force on 8th December 2022.
This is a very tight timeline, and firms should start their implementation work as soon as possible to comply with the FCA’s expectations.
This webinar is your opportunity to learn more about the new rules and to ensure your implementation plans are robust to meet FCA expectations.
Under these new rules, published in Policy Statement PS22/11 Improvements to the Appointed Representatives regime, principals will need to:
- Apply enhanced oversight of their ARs, including ensuring they have adequate systems, controls and resources.
- Assess and monitor the risk that their ARs pose to consumers and markets, providing similar oversight as they would to their own business.
- Review information on their ARs’ activities, business and senior management annually, and be clear on the circumstances when they should terminate an AR relationship.
- Notify the FCA of future AR appointments 30 calendar days before they take effect.
- Provide complaints and revenue information for each AR to the FCA on an annual basis.
This session is a must for Senior Managers, Executive Board Directors, Non-Executive Directors, Risk/Compliance staff, Operational staff, and individuals who have responsibility for Strategic Planning within firms.
This session is for firms who currently or intend to have AR’s in the future. It will be an overview of the FCA’s proposals contained in FCA PS22/11 and will cover:
- What your firm needs to consider
- Implementation planning and meeting the deadline of 8th December 2022
- Questions and answers
This Free Bitesize session is aimed at raising awareness to the FCA’s new rules and how they will impact firms. It will give you an overview of the FCA’s expectations and changes, so that you can consider the effect of these on your firm’s activities.
Date: 15th August 2022
Time: 11.00am – 12 noon (1 hour webinar)
Delivery: Via Zoom (Details will be sent to you once you have booked your place)
Cost: FREE for Create Solutions clients