Communicating with Vulnerable Customers – an essential workshop for Front-line staff – 16th Nov 2021 – Book Now
Due to popular demand, we are bringing this workshop back:
Communicating with Vulnerable Customers – an essential workshop for Front-line staff
Notice – Early Bird discounts apply for booking received before 20th October 2021.
This workshop is aimed at helping staff improve their skills when interacting with customers who display characteristics of vulnerability.
The FCA has made it clear it expects firms to have considered the skills and capability of staff as part of ensuring the fair treatment of vulnerable customers.
Frontline staff should have the necessary skills and capability to recognise and respond to vulnerable customers.
Feedback from firms indicate this is an area where help and support is needed. There has been a lot of awareness training around firms policies and procedures but there is a need for additional training in the softer, personal skills required.
Although this course focusses on communication with vulnerable customers, it is ideal for firms to help them develop a stronger customer service ethos, help demonstrate you are supporting staff and importantly improve the bottom line.
During the workshop, we will explore the following areas and by the end of it you will understand:
- Why it is important to treat vulnerable customers fairly
- Why communication is important when interacting with vulnerable customers
- The importance of what you say and how you say it, when interacting with vulnerable customers
- How purposeful questioning helps uncover key information, and identify customer needs in order to support vulnerable customers
- The different styles of rapport including empathy, sympathy and apathy
- Why empathy is important when interacting with vulnerable customers, and complete a self-assessment
- Perception and unconscious bias, and how they influence the way vulnerable customers are treated
- The traps, and identify any that may exist within your role or organisation
- Why active listening matters when interacting with vulnerable customers
- Why it is important to retain control of your emotions when interacting with vulnerable customers, taking care not to overreact to certain emotions
Who should attend?
All staff who directly interface with customers.
- It is also helpful for line management, vulnerable customer champions, call monitoring and quality assurance staff.
- It will also be of interest to senior managers, operational staff including compliance, risk and internal audit staff, along with those whose activities may impact on customers.
Date: 16th November 2021
Method of delivery: The session will be delivered via Zoom and we recommend that attendees have audio and video to participate in the session.
Time: 9-12 noon
The Cost: £129 plus vat per person. If you book before 20th October 2021 then the Early Bird booking rate of £99 plus vat applies.
How to book: Please email Deborah@createsolutions.co.uk or telephone the office on 0161 870 6637